Medical Packaging testing mainly includes the following items: barrier property testing (gas transmission quantity testing and moisture transmission testing), coefficient of friction(smoothness of material surfaces),tensile and elongation, peeling strength, heat seal strength, leak & seal, tearing and printing quality testing. Labthink Instruments Co. Ltd., meeting the demands for medical packaging testing, integrates medical packaging instruments as follows, so as to contribute to the quality testing of medical packaging enterprises.
MEDICAL PACKAGING BARRIER PROPERTY TESTING: Barrier property is defined as the barrier effects of packaging materials on gas (e.g., oxygen), liquid (e.g., water vapor) and other infiltrations. Barrier Property is the important factor affecting the product shelf-life. Relevant instruments are listed below:
- PERME-DM2/330 Differential and Equal Pressure Methods Gas Permeability Tester: This instrument combines differential pressure method and equal pressure method in one unit. It is applicable for the gas transmission rate testing of plastic films, laminated films and sheets as well as finished packages. This instrument is fully automatic with three independent chambers and random temperature data curve fitting. It’s with temperature control and LAN data management.
- PERME OX2/230 Oxygen Transmission Rate Testing System: This is of coulometric principle and equal pressure method. This instrument is applicable for the oxygen transmission property testing of films and sheets, as well as bottles, cans and boxes. This instrument is of master base and satellite module mode: one master base can support 9 satellite modules with the realization of 30 samples tested simultaneously.
- VAC-V Series Differential Pressure Gas Permeability Tester: This is applicable for the oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide permeability testing of plastic films and sheets as well as laminated films. This series of instruments, including VAC-V1, VAC-V2 and VAC-V3, etc., complies with differential pressure method.
- PERME W3/330 Water Vapor Transmission Rate Testing System: This is used for the water vapor transmission rate testing of films and sheets as well as bottles, bags, cans and boxes. This instrument is of Master–satellite mode, one master base can connect 9 satellite modules with the realization of 30 samples tested simultaneously.
- TSY-T Series Water Vapor Permeability Tester: This is applicable in the water vapor transmission testing of packaging materials such as films and laminated films as well as high polymer products. This series of products are fully automatic, computer control and of weighing method. The series includes TSY-T1H, TSY-T1L and TSY-T3, etc.
MEDICAL PACKAGING STRENGTH TESTING: Medical packaging strength testing includes index testing like material tensile strength testing, peeling strength testing of laminated films, hot seal strength testing, tearing strength and pouch resistance testing. Tensile strength is the maximum strength value just before the material is snapped. Through testing, the package damage and rapture caused by external forces and insufficient packaging material mechanical strength can be resolved effectively. Peeling strength testing, also called complex strength testing, tests the bond strength between the layers of laminated films. If the bond strength is too low, leakage is easily caused by separation among the layers. Hot seal strength testing is to test the strength of the seals. During storage and transportation of products, low hot seal strength will cause problems such as rending and leakage. Pouch resistance is the index evaluating the anti-puncture strength of the package against rigid material. Relevant testing instruments are as follows:
- XLW Series Auto Tensile Testers: These are for the peeling, tensile, heal seal and tearing tests of films, laminated films, adhesives and tapes.
- BLD-200S Auto Stripping Tester: This is for the peeling, tensile and heat seal testing for films, laminated films, adhesive and tapes. The standard specifications are 200N (100N, 50N and 30N); mini-printer and computer connective.
- HST-H3 Heat Seal Tester: This is for the specimen preparation for the heat seal strength testing of films. Testing pressure, temperature and time are adjustable. This instrument adopts microcontroller for intellectual operation and PID high precision components for temperature so as to ascertain accurate temperature.
- RTD-R2 Gradation Heat-Sealing Instrument: These can prepare five groups of plastic films or flexible packaging laminated films simultaneously under five independent temperatures; and seal five groups of specimen simultaneously and efficiently.