TRANSMIT PACKAGE TESTING FOR COSMETICS: The cosmetic products should reach the customers in good condition, after Transmit, shelf display and other procedures. Now, the Transmit package of cosmetics are mainly corrugated paper boxes, and the main testing indexes are compression strength and stacking testing of plastic boxes.
- Compression Strength Testing for Corrugated Paper Boxes: We hereby take Labthink XYD-15K Box Compression Tester for introduction. When testing, place the corrugated box in between the compression plates of XYD-15K Box Compression Tester; and then, set the speed and start the test until the occurrence of breakage of the box. The pressure is the compression strength in kN. When doing such tests, a preset pressure, normally 220N, is a must before testing.
- Stacking Tests of Corrugated Boxes: During Transportation, corrugated boxes needs to be stored in the form of stack. The boxes at the bottom endure more pressure than the upper ones. In order to avoid collapse, proper compression strength is needed after stacking. Therefore, stacking testing and max. compression strength are of great importance. Labthink XYD-15K with stack testing function, can output stacking test result directly.
PRINTING QUALITY TESTING OF COSMETIC PACKAGES: In order to achieve better visual sense of beauty, cosmetic packages need to have beautiful packages. Therefore, the testing for cosmetic package printing quality is of great importance. The routine testing items including ink layer abrasion resistance (anti-abrasion performance) and ink layer falling-off as well as color identification.
- Abrasion Resistance Testing: Take Labthink MCJ-01A Rub Tester as an example. Specimen are prepared according to GB7706, and fastened on the testing platform of the rub tester. Then, put 80g clean offset paper on the load. Set the rubbing times (generally 40 rounds) and start testing. The printing quality is evaluated on the density change before and after the test. Generally, 70% and above are qualified conditions.
- 5.2 Ink Layer Decrement/Falling-Off/Bond Strength Testing: For plastic printing, tests should be carried out according to GB7707. Labtink BLJ-02 Disk Stripping Tester and YGJ-02 Adhesive Tensile & Shear Tester are taken as the example. Paste the scotch tape on the ink printing side first. The specimen is pressed and rolled back and forth for three times in the YGJ-02 Adhesive Tensile & Shear Tester, and lay aside for 5min. Then, clamp the specimen on Plate A of BLJ-02 Disk Stripping Tester, the exposed tape is fastened on Plate B. Start the tester, and Plate A turns around to separate the tap at a speed of 0.8m/s. observe the falling-off status of the ink layer so as to judge printing ink layer bond strength
- Color Identification: People usually observe and identify color in the daylight. The precise color identification requires that lighting should assimilate with the frequency distribution of daylight, that is, CIE Standard Illuminant D65. However, in color matching, there is a special phenomenon: specimen is identical to the sample in one illuminant and appears differently in another. This phenomenon is called metamerism. Therefore, color assessment cabinet should be double light source. Labthink SGB-80 D65/A Standard Light Source is equipped with D64 and A light and resolves the metamerism phenomenon.
PRESSURE SENSITIVE LABEL TESTING FOR COSMETICS: Pressure sensitive label, also called self-adhesive label has found its wide application in cosmetic packaging. The main testing for pressure sensitive labels is to test the adhesive bond performance, namely primary adhesive, lasting adhesive and peeling strength.
- Primary Adhesive Testing: Take Labthink CZY-G Primary Adhesive Tester as the example. This tester applies rolling ball principle; primary adhesive performance is tested through the immediate contact of the steel ball and the pressure sensitive tape under very low pressure. The primary adhesive performance is expressed with the number of the largest steel ball that is tacked.
- Lasting Adhesive Performance Testing: Labthink CZY-6S hangs the panels covered by adhesive tapes on to the test shelf vertically; and hangs poises with specific weight on the end of the panel. After a certain period of time, test the displacement of the specimen or test the time during which the specimen leaves the panel totally to express the ability to remain adhesive.
- Peeling Strength is an important index to evaluate adhesive performance of pressure sensitive labels. Here, we take Labthink XLW Auto Tensile Tester or BLD-01 peeling tester as the example. Cut the label into a width of 25mm with the sample cutter, press the lab on to the standard testing panel with compression roller and then, pre-peel the sample from the panel, clamp the panel and pre-peeled label on the up/down or left/right collets of the Auto Tensile Tester or the peeling tester. Set the testing speed at 300mm/min and start the test so as to get the final peeling strength in KN/M.