Bericap (www.bericap.com) developed a new closure for a 5-L (1.32-gal) edible oil pack for Kerry Oil Group, a leader in consumer pack edible oil in China. Its "Arawana" brand is the leading brand of premium edible oil in China. Early this year Kerry Oil merged with Wilmar to form the largest edible oil company in Asia.
The closure is produced by Bericap Kunshan in China. The key features of the Bericap 7128 lightweight closure are:
- Double-clip ring for the pourer to increase removal resistance after capping to prevent tampering
- Screw cap with tear-off TE band and features to prevent cap removal without removing the TE band
- Pourer with tear-off sanitary membrane
- Nondrip feature on pouring lip that assists flow control
- Side printing on the pourer and embossing on screw cap enhance brand recognition and differentiation
- Suitable for 46-mm neck finish popular in Asia.
The 7128 closure is also used by Cai Lan Oils and Fats in Vietnam, which is a sister company of Kerry Oil.