The Bimba Manufacturing Company was founded in 1957 when Charles Bimba invented an inexpensive, non-repairable, stainless steel body roundline interchangeable space saving air cylinder to replace small bore repairable cylinders. The product has since become an industry standard and Bimba remains the leading manufacturer of this type of cylinder. Bimba`s product line has expanded over the years to include:
- Space-Saving Flat-1® Cylinders
- NFPA-interchangeable Double-Wall® Cylinders
- Flow Controls
- Pneu-Turn® rotary linear actuators
- Linear Thrusters
- Ultran® Rodless Cylinders
- Position Feedback Cylinders
- ISO Cylinders
- EF1 Aluminum-Extruded Body Cylinders
In addition to its broad line of standard catalog products, nearly half of Bimba`s business consists of `specials,` products custom designed for specific customers and applications. Bimba maintains a large inventory of standard catalog products for quick delivery. An international network of stocking distributors assures excellent local service. Bimba also has manufacturing facilities in several locations, including:
- Corporate headquarters in Monee, Illinois.
- Bimba limited, a wholly owned subsidiary in Peterborough, UK.
- Bimba limited Asia-Pacific in Singapore.
- A new manufacturing plant in Manteno, Illinois, that was opened in the spring of 1996.
- A new products facility in Frankfort, Illinois, that was opened in the fall of 1996.
And finally, our ISO 9001 certification demonstrates our company-wide commitment to quality. The ISO standard provides a uniform framework for quality assurance that is recognized worldwide. Seeking and maintaining ISO certification is just one more way to further strengthen our customer relationships.