- Advanced preform molds with up to 144 cavities
- Optimized mold design for all PET machines
- All kinds of preform designs, i.e., standard, technical, widemouth etc.
- Global support & service
Our PET group provides an experienced team ready to support you in implementing your preform mold and hotrunner concepts. Our service starts with individual assistance in the pre-sales stage and does not end with supplying the mold but instead continues through to the end of the molds lifetime.
PET Service Range
- Draft designs for cost estimates prototyping preforms
- Complete conversion-kits for molding new preform designs in existing molds
- Retrofit kits for new closure threads, such as PCO, BPF, 30/25, Oil, Milk, Beer, etc.
- Mold repair and optimization
- Split line refurbishment of existing preform molds
- Mold spare parts, such as cores and cavities, threaded neck rings, locking rings, etc.
- PET hotrunner spare parts, such as nozzle housings, nozzle tips, valve stems, band heaters etc.
- Hotrunner design and rheology
- Temperature controllers configured to customer specifications
- Service and installation of preform molds
- Customer training either at MHT or at your facilities
High Mold Availability
Manufactured to very high standards with corrosion-resistant steel plates, and optimized for preform production, MHT molds have a long service life before refurbishing becomes necessary. The mold design guarantees fast and easy servicing and maintenance.
MHT molds are very operator-friendly. Regular maintenance work can be carried out directly at the machine with minimum time inputs. The forming parts are easy to exchange and enable production of different preforms from the same mold. Hardened mold parts with deeply engaging tapers support the lifetime of the mold and minimize maintenance.
State-of-the-art engineering machines and finishing techniques are a guarantee of high quality molds and short lead times.
Hotrunners with valve gates developed for PET processing expedite the effective heat transfer to the nozzle tips and offer a wide processing window with consistently high product quality. This results in short start-up times and minimizes crystallinity in this area.
Short Cycle Times
Well-balanced cooling channel layout and turbulent water flow ensure very consistent cooling and efficient heat transfer away from the preforms. Separately cooled neck rings lead to high preform quality and short cycle times.
Preform Molds Standards
- Precision machined
- Well-balanced and durable
- Perfectly balanced hotrunner system
- High mold availability
- Low-crystallinity gate cooling
- Short cycle time
High Quality Preform Molds
- No crystallinity
- No scratches
- High surface quality
- Low acetaldehyde (AA) levels
- Minimum eccentricity
- Strong dimensional stability
- Consistent weight
- Flashless split-lines
MHT molds meet these criteria as a result of our long-standing experience in designing and manufacturing PET molds.
- Cores: stainless steel with titanium-nitrate core surface finish
- Locking rings: with air-assisted preform ejection (blow out)
- Neck rings: stainless steel, water cooled
- Cavities: highly polished and chromed surfaces
- Gate inserts: stainless steel with highly polished surfaces
Perfectly Balanced Hotrunner
Perfectly balanced hotrunners ensure uniform melt flow and pressure in all cavities. The design of the melt channels minimizes shear and pressure loss, and provides a uniform flow to all cavities. Optimized heat distribution results in consistent AA levels across all cavities.