RDM Test Equipment has a wide reputation as a specialist manufacturer and supplier of quality control equipment, specifically designed to meet the needs of the flexible packaging film, rigid plastic packaging, laminate, foil and paper manufacturers, converters and end users.
Our objective is to meet our customers real testing needs and to supply the most appropriate equipment and services from our selected and comprehensive range.
Central to our business philosophy is the supply of equipment that complies with International Test Standards which is calibrated by either first principles or to a master instrument. The appropriate test certificate is usually supplied with each delivery.
To ensure the safety of operators, all equipment supplied is designed and built to comply with the European Union (EU) Machine Directive and carries the CE mark.
Our policy is to employ the latest measuring technology and to continually improve the quality of our products. Therefore, as improvements are implemented, the precise specification of products could vary from those shown.
Products purchased include a one year warranty as standard. Our Customer Service Engineers and Agents are ready to give assistance and advice, including support for on-site service, maintenance and calibration should you require it.
HS-2 Laboratory Heat Sealer
The satisfactory development, manufacture, conversion and application of flexible packaging films necessitates using precise methods of research and quality control. The HS-2 was developed to precisely control the parameters essential in determining the heat seal threshold. Especially suited for flexible packaging materials, the HS-2 features accurate control of temperature, pressure and dwell time of a standard surface area sealing jaw. Because of its stability, repeatability and reliability, the test machine quickly became the industry standard.
- Digital P.I.D auto tuning controller, range 0-300°C with resistance PT100 sensor
- Effective temperature range of heat sealer 0-300°c
- Accuracy + / - 0.5% F.S
- Operating Accuracy + / - 0.5% of range
- Precision regulator controller 0-100PSI repeatability 0.02 PSI
- Indication via digital indicator and strain gauge transducer
- Accuracy 0.25% FS
- Operation accuracy +/- 5% of range
Dwell time control:
- Digital quartz timer, range 0.1-10 secs
- Accuracy +/- 0.01%
- Operation accuracy +/- 5% FS
- Timing relay adjustable 0-10 secs
- Fitted as standard 25 x 50mm ground flat top jaw and silicone rubber (60 shore) bottom jaw. Optional matching ground flat bottom jaw
- Optional matching profiled jaws, top and bottom assembly. 120º x 1.8mm pitch
- Minimum 3 bar (43 PSI). Maximum 7 bar (100 PSI)
- Compressed air clean and dry
- 240 VAC 50/60 Hz (110 VAC 50/60 Hz on request.)
SST-3XS Seal/ Tensile Tester
The SST-3XS Seal/Tensile Tester has been developed as a highly specialised machine to measure accurate low loads in tension and compression up to 50kg (500N). The machine is ideal for seal strength testing and general tension and compressive testing as required by the packaging plastics and paper industries.
The new SST-3XS features the latest in design and technology for machine set up, testing, measurement and recording using touch panel screen display units. Reliable control of the motor and leak screw drive system gives an impressive speed range that will fit your testing requirements. A range of grips and attachments enables a whole number of testing applications within the packaging plastics/paper and board industries.
- DC synchronous motor and gearbox with ball screw and crosshead
- 1.0mm/min to 1000mm/min +/-0.5%
- Via line encoder
Touch panel screen:
- LCD, 256 Colour, QVGA, 320 x 240 pixels, 14.48 diagonal viewing
- Touch screen, analogue resistive (gonze) with serial controller. Processor Geode SC2200. 266 MHz MMX compatible
- 2 mbyte, on board flash memory for firmware
- 64 MB Dram main memory
- Changeable load cell
- 0-10kg (0-100N) = +/- 0.25% Fro
- 0-25kg (0-250N) = +/- 0.25% Fro
- 0-50kg (0-500N) = +/- 0.25% Fro
- Light duty side entry vice grips
- Min 550mm effective travel
- RS 232
- 80-240 VAC single phase 50/60 Hz 500W Max
Standard Equipment Supplied:
- 0-10kg (0-100N) Load Cell
- Side and top entry vice grips
- 1000g check weight
CF8000XS Coefficient of Friction Tester
The CF800 Coefficient of Friction Tester is designed to determine the coefficient of friction properties of plastic films, laminates, foils and papers. The apparatus conforms primarily to the BS2782 method 824A and ASTM D 1894-78 but it can be supplied to suit other international test methods.
The equipment is essential for measuring the slip properties of packaging materials to ensure smooth running on production packaging machines or to measure the effect that a coating or print has on base material.
The new CF800XS features the latest in design and technology for machine set up, testing, measurement and recording using touch panel screen display units. The constant, smooth lead screw driven cross arm ensures reliable and repeatable measurement. Other benefits include: Vacuum suction on the bed to clamp the material,optional temperature control circuit to heat the bed for ‘hot slip’ values, together with analogue recorder output and RS232 output for either chart recorder logging or computer data logging of results.
- Natural anodised cast aluminium
- Sled material
- Anodised aluminium with foam contact pad with density of 0.25/cm
- Speed control: 0-1000 mm/mm
- Force Reading: 0-1000.0 grammes +/- 0.25% Fro (other loads can be specified)
- C of F readings: Calculated value from sled used 0-1.00 +/- 0.25% Fro
- Touch Panel Screen: LCD, 256 Colour, QVGA, 320 x 240 pixels, 14.48 diagonal viewing
- Touch screen, analogue resistive (gonze) with serial controller. Processor Geode SC2200
- 266 MHz MMX compatible. 2 mbyte, onboard flash memory for firmware
- 64MB Dram main memory