Horizon Pulp & Paper Ltd is a stable, independent customer oriented company, which has a long experience and tradition of unbleached pulp & sackpaper production dating back to 1938.
In 1995, the Singaporean Tolaram Group acquired the company, and has since invested significantly in achieving new heights in quality, efficiency and environmental protection.
To play an active and responsible role in the general economic development of the Baltics by investing in industries that create sustained long-term real GDP growth; and in doing so, enhancing shareholder’s value.
To strive and achieve rightful place for Estonia on the global map of pulp and paper industry on strength of abundant forest based resources & by developing and providing other resources to match.
Milestones of Horizon’s Development
- 1995 Tolaram Group, Singapore acquired the mill
- 1995 The mill resumed its commercial production
- 1997 IFC became the Shareholder of the company
- 1997 Signing of Phase I agreement (modernization and rehabilitation of Horizon) with IFC – investment of USD 10.5 million
- 1998 President of Estonia inaugurated the Tissue plant in Kehra
- 1999 Phase I completed
- 1998 Signing of Phase II agreement (modernization and rehabilitation of Horizon) with IFC and Leonia Bank / Finvera – investment of Eur 31.9 million
- 2001 Phase II completed
- 1995 Award for Job Creation in Estonia
- 1996 Award of "Best Promoter of Estonia 1996"
- 1997 Overall Winner "Invest in Estonia 97"
- 1998 Best export development in 1998
- 2000 Woman of the Year 2000 – Mrs. Zanna Botvinkina
- 2001 On the occasion of the 83rd Independence Day of Republic of Estonia, Mr. Narinder K. Aswani was honoured by the Order of White Star from the President of Estonia for Tolaram Group’s economic contribution to the country
- 2001 Award for "Foreign Investor of the Year 2001"