For over forty-five years, Hydralign has been working with converters and OEMs to improve web handling equipment and processes. We offer a balanced systems approach to automatic material alignment and provide a full range of web guiding systems and accessories for virtually all web processing and control applications. Our industry experts can help you create a highly efficient and profitable converting line for processing film, foil, paper, textiles, light metal or other materials. Hydralign products include:
- Web Guiding Systems
- COR-Trol Core Chucks
- COR-Safe Safety Chucks
- Trim Winder
- Precision Tram Alignment Rod
- Static Consumer Tinsel
- Single Station Unwinders/Rewinders (Contact Factory)
COR-Trol Automatic Mechanical Core Chucks
Hydralign`s Cor-Trol mechanical core chucks are available for use with 2``, 3``, 4`` and 6`` I.D. paper cores and provide an economical alternative to more costly air shafts. The six hardened tool steel grippers provide a positive gripping action to paper cores the moment the unwinding or winding load begins turning. The chucks are bi directional turning the load in either direction engages the grippers securely holding the core. The chucks can be easily installed on either round or square steel core bars. Some of our customers request that we bore out the 6`` chucks so they can be installed onto their standard 3`` air shafts. This provides them an economical solution for processing materials from both 3`` and 6`` cores.
Optional core stop shoulders are available on all models at no additional cost. The chuck can be pre-positioned on the core bar. By butting the core to the shoulder stop, the core and process material is always in the same exact position when winding or unwinding begins.
Also available for all models are Hydralign`s core support idlers, which we recommend for those operations where the torque requirements do not require the use of two gripping chucks. This cost saving core support idler assures that the outside diameter of the core bar and the inside diameter of the core itself, remain relatively constant and parallel. Hydralign`s tapered urethane chucks are available for use with 2`` and 3`` I.D. cores. They provide another economical method for gripping paper cores.
COR-Safe Safety Chucks
Hydralign COR-SAFE safety chucks, designed and manufactured in the USA, are built with years of experience and research in new ideas aimed at the improvement of safety chuck capability. COR-SAFE chucks provide superior roll support and torque transmission for your web processing line. CNC manufactured interchangeable parts minimize downtime resulting in long-term production cost savings. Hardened replaceable jaw sockets allow for core shaft interchangeability and easy replacement. A unique finger guard is standard on all models, eliminating pinch point problems. Hydralign COR-SAFE Safety Chucks are available for immediate shipment in light and medium duty models, both foot and flange mount.
- Material: Wound inner core and lame fingers or needles are made from 100% electrolytic copper.
- Construction: Solidly spun creating a strong cable with a maximum number of lame fingers to attract stray static and carry it to ground.
- Installation: Locate Hydralign`s static consumer close to the area creating the static condition. fasten the copper mounting brackets so that the strand or strands of static consumer span the contaminated region. One of the copper mounting brackets must be fastened to and electrical earth ``ground``. The ground receives the static from the static consumer and dissipates it. If the machine frame is grounded, you can mount onto the frame itself. Otherwise, a ground must be provided. Steel, brass, or copper water pipes provide an excellent ground as well. A steel stake driven into a concrete floor is often used as a ground.